Thursday, May 13, 2010

Not happy 

I was personally invited to attend Young Leaders Forum at Seoul, South Korea at the end of this month. Can you imagine how excited I was? I printed the invitation straight away and pass it to our internal Admin people to notify boss about this. This was 30 April.

On the same day, or the next day, we had a meeting with boss about our core tasks. Holding the email I printed for him, he asked me if I am interested to participate in this forum. Clearly, I said yes, I am very interested to join this.

So he said, he will panjang kan this to orang for approval or whatever. Then I informed the Institute that invited me about it and I will notify them once I got the approval to go. Yay for me.

Last week, I asked the Admin whether they have been instructed by boss to write a letter. They said No.

They also said that he usually ask his PA to do that. o im glad. The next step is to wait for the approval.

Today, I checked my email and received an email from them saying that they have to fill in the slot for me with somebody else because its only two weeks away. And I would have to prepare some pre-assignments things by now. So they have to let me go and invite me next year (hopefully)

I was like..ohh...ok. if it has to be that way. At this stage, I am alright as in my head, it is due to the ever so slow government-style process etc. which I cannot do much about.

But then I became curious, so I called my boss's PA and asked if she ever done any letter for me to attend this forum. She checked and she has no record of it.
Rupanya my boss hogged it for whatever reason. Its still lying on his damn table.
I am so angry.

I mean he has been nagging arah kami that we inda pandai or rajin cari courses / training / conferences to attend abroad (like we have all the time in the world to monitor atu tah pulang). Not that he ever send me to the ones Ive listed out last year. hmmph!! And now that I am invited to attend this forum that is only on invitation basis, he did not act on it.

Why bother asking if I am interested to participate in it in the first place then?

And why bother nagging us to look out for relevant courses / training / conferences to attend online.. (I am not going submit my list to him now.)

Why bother to be concern about our welfare and training development etc...? Why?

Theres nothing good in giving people hope when you dont intend to act on it.  Theres noting good in giving people hope when you only want to crush it!!  

I am just simply plain unhappy!!!

1 comment:

FR said...

Because your boss is a son of a bitch!! That's why xx