Sunday, January 17, 2010

We Are Fortunate

Snapshots of random cases

Case 1 - between Me and W

ME : Karang pukul 2 kita bawa Ms. A ke Brunei Museum, Alat Alat Kebesaran dan Kg Ayer ah.

W : Muzium tau tu ku tapi apa kan Alat Alat Kebesaran ani? Di mana tu ah?

Even after sketching W a proper map with detailed markings pun W got lost driving.
I had to give me instruction (over the phone) while W drives.


Case 2 - between Me and X

ME: Karang patang kita bawa saya and Ms. B ke Bumbungan Dua Belas ah..

X : Dimana tu ah?

Once we arrive, oh...ada rupanya bangunan di sini ani.


Case 3 - between Me and Y

ME: Karang pukul 7 kita ambil kedia and bawa ia ke Centrepoint ah.

Y: Centrepoint? Dimana tu ah? Inda ku tau tu.

ME: Di gadong..sebelah hypermart

Y: Eh, takut tu sasat eh. Hypermart ani dimana?

I later found out that he only knows the place as Jaya as in Jaya Hypermart.

--------

Initially, I was surprised, wondered and questioned....how can a Bruneian not know what and where is the Royal Regalia?
And where is Centrepoint/Hypermart? Where Bumbungan Dua Belas is?...and this is only a few of the cases...

While I explained and drew the map (and yes, my map is correct..;p)..I really stressed to them how important it is to know the location of all these places and where to park...I mean how can u not know that theres parking spaces across the Royal Regalia???

Initially, in my head, I was like...'Astaga, cemana nie durang inda tau ani?' Inda kan inda tau???

Later on, once everything is done and as I lay my head on the pillow waiting to doze off...I reflected upon everyting that had happened during the day...

I find myself feeling sad...how can one not know the basic information and location of your own country? I mean its a different case if youre ignorant and if you forgot, but if you dont know...thats a different thing. my heart goes out to them.

We are fortunate. Sometimes I realized that unintentioanlly I can be selfish and take things for granted.
I forgot that not everyone is bless and as fortunate as others.
I forgot some are more blessed than others...while some have to learned the hard way.

I've mengusut and nagged about not being able to do get certain things, not able to save up a certain amount of $$ etc etc etc...but how about the others..who are less blessed and less fortunate?

How about those who have to survive with $500 a month while for others that is the amount they are paying for their car on a monthly basis..or to fulfill their hobbies / interest.

How about the people who are not able to be choosy and picky about what they eat because that is all they can afford?

How about families to have to stay and survive in very small, packed spaces while there are other families who enjoy more spaces than they can ever use sufficiently??

Well, this is just a reminder to self.

For me not to complain about life soo much when there are others who are far less fortunate

For me not to take things for granted

For me not to lose sight of things

For me to stay 'down-to earth' and nto be selfish

and for me not to judge others based on what they dont know.

These are all simple things in life..but it is very important and will make a huge difference.

Whether or not we are less or more fortunate than others, lets pray that we will see pass those differences and be given the strength to withstand challenges that comes our way. Amin!!

xxx

2 comments:

The World According to Twinkle said...

Hi...Interesting post. I think you have evolved. Yes, its good to embrace whatever life has to offer for us...be grateful that we are fortunate indeed. Lucky we are well-informed, savvy, healthy and have enough to eat, spend, save, ..etc.

cells said...

Thanks Aunty...Im just trying / practicing to put my thoughts into words..;p